POSITION TITLE: Medical Office Assistant
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
To support PolyCan Health Centre doctors in clinic operations and in delivering patient care. All work should be delivered
to standards and procedures established in PolyCan Health Centre and procedure manual or otherwise requested by PolyCan Health Centre doctors.
- Coordinates patient care through the clinic: checking in, prepping, escorting to exam rooms, preparing examor treatment rooms,
answering questions, providing postappointment service, monitoring the waiting room.
- Answers enquiries by phone and in person in a helpful, respectful and efficient manner.
- Maintains appointment schedule and manages recalls.
- Maintains electronic medical record, including the patient chart. Performs tasks (including linking, uploading, and referrals)
in support of patient care.
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked appropriately and ensures that they are ready for next patient.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Assists physicians when requested.
- Cleans and sterilizes materials and instruments.
- Performs patient prep procedures and documents findings in the patient record.
- Performs all other related clinical, administrative tasks or special tasks as required.
- Provides patient care with a customer service lens.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Works well in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer. EMR / Med Access skills an asset.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Can solve problems.
- Has good judgment.
Clinical Skills and Abilities:
- Operate and apply the bp TRU monitor.
- Prepare patients and set up exam rooms for complete physicals, including pap set up.
- Accurately measure patient height and weights (including infants).
- Operate the autoclave.
- Perform and record result for various lab tests done at the clinic such as urinalysis and occult stool tests.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certificate.